For forty years Annapolis has been hosting the Renaissance Festival. The Maryland Renaissance Festival is an entertaining experience that steps back in time and re- enacts that time period in a fun and festive way.
This year the Renaissance Festival will be held on August 27th, 28th, September 3rd, 4th, 5th, 10th,11th, 17th, 18th, 24th, 25th and October 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 22nd and 23rd. Located at
1821 Crownsville Road, Annapolis.
This year’s theme is Revel Grove, Oxfordshire, England focusing on the year 1526. King Henry VIII with his Queen, Katherine of Aragon and their royal court visit the village as part of their annual summer progress. King Henry is in a wonderfully happy mood. Could this have anything to do with the desirable Anne Boleyn, currently serving as a lady-in-waiting to the Queen?
The festival includes a crafts show, and entertainment from the 1500’s to modern times. The Maryland Renaissance Festival has become a tradition to many families from near and far and all around the world. Many attend each year.
This year’s Renaissance Festival allow you to enter the gates of Revel Grove and leave the hectic pace of the twenty-first century behind. Slow down. Step back in time. Enjoy an ale and relax in one of our pubs. Shop for unique, handcrafted gifts. Let the kids play in our free children’s area, complete with a beautiful pirate ship. No video games allowed! Our entertainment leaves the mind-numbing computer-generated special effects in modern times while you step back to the 1500’s. The magic, pageantry, songs, and laughter are all real. This is a fun, and interesting event you and your family will enjoy and remember for many years. Please join us this year for a trip back to the 1500’s.
Please note the rules of the village while attending the Maryland Renaissance Festival.
- No refunds/No rainchecks. Pets are NOT allowed. An ADA approved vest/hanger wearing service animal is allowed.
- No beverages in through the gates (1 personal size sealed from the manufacturer bottle of water permitted per person). Food is permitted but no coolers are permitted through gates.
- Smoking is allowed only in Designated Smoking Areas (DSAs). All other areas are smoke free.
- No weapons (costume or real).
- Patrons are welcomed to wear costumes suitable for a family-friendly atmosphere to get into the spirit of the event! All performers are paid by the King’s purse and scheduled by the Artistic Director. No non-contracted performances are permitted.
Handicapped parking is available next to our Main Gate. When entering the parking lot, follow the signs to the designated handicapped parking area.
For ticket info call Toll Free: 800-296-7304 or Local: 410-266-7304.
When planning to come to Annapolis, please contact Gibson’s Lodging of Annapolis to reserve your Bed and Breakfast room call today, 1-877-330-0057.