Returning for its third year on the 23rd of September, the Art in Action Annapolis Design District Festival promises more eye-catching art and fun for all comers in 2017. The festival will feature the handiwork of regional artisans, live music, an oyster and beer garden, a family-friendly kids’ zone, and great food. Of course, new works of art will also be debuting in Annapolis.
A non-profit, Annapolis Design District (ADD) was founded in 2007 to create a thriving design district in Maryland’s capital. Situated in the city’s industrial area, the Annapolis Design District’s central location is attractive to entrepreneurs. ADD’s goal is to create a “cool” urban area where top companies working in home design, showroom, and commercial arts can create, innovate, work together, and have fun.
Community based, ADD is a grass-roots organization made up of diverse businesses, retailers, property owners, and service providers. As set forth by ADD, their members share a common mission as outlined in their five goals below:
- To attract a diverse mix of design, showroom, arts and other innovative entrepreneurial businesses to the District.
- To promote member businesses and the District through cooperative marketing, business development and public relations.
- To foster creativity and collaboration among members through sponsoring special events which are interesting, educational and fun.
- To improve the District’s appearance by encouraging better streetscape and landscape design to make the neighborhood a more distinctive and attractive place to work, shop and live.
- To advocate and be effective government liaison on political, regulatory and economic development issues that impact the members and the District.
- Membership & Charity
ADD’s top priority going forward is to broaden their base of members in the district. A strong membership core is essential for achieving the organization’s goals. The Art in Action festival will be staffed by volunteers. Proceeds will benefit the Anne Arundel County Library and Annapolis Design District.
Date: Saturday, September 23, 2017
Time: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Where: Edgewood Avenue in the Annapolis Design District
Admission: Free (Donations are greatly appreciated)
For More Information: Art in Action 2017
Your Inn Near the Art
The Art in Action Annapolis Design District Festival is about 2.5 miles away from Gibson’s Lodgings, a historic inn located in downtown Annapolis. Call us to reserve your room at our toll free number (877) 330-0057. We’ll be very happy to serve you and your family throughout the year.